It was only about a year ago when we announced the best new veterinary products of 2012. The winners were voted best veterinary products of 2012 in a survey of 343 UK vets. Does anyone remember the frontrunners? Here is a quick reminder:
- Hill's y/d – a real breakthrough in management of feline hyperthyroid conditions – an iodine restrictive prescription diet has met with enthusiasm of almost a third of vets that took part in the survey.
- Ceva's Cardalis – best new prescription-only product – a unique formulation licensed for treatment of mitral valve disease in dogs scored 10% of mentions.
- Bayer's Seresto collar – simple to use on both cats and dogs to effectively kill and repel fleas and ticks – achieved 6% of the votes.
We congratulate the winners again and hope that they have maintained their strong position. However, as the world of veterinary innovation moves forward, it is time to find out what vets think about the 2013 new product releases. CM Research has conducted the Best New Veterinary Product of the Year survey again and has some exciting news to announce! We cannot let the cat out of the bag just yet, but can reveal that vets certainly keep abreast of new product developments in the industry. 2013 has seen the launch of many interesting entrants. Here are only a few of them:
- Comfortan (Dechra) – an addition to the analgesic portfolio for dogs and cats
- Metabolic diet (Hill's) – a clinically proven Advanced Weight Solution for cats and dogs
- Pexion (Boehringer Ingelheim) – treatment for dogs with primary epilepsy
- Semintra (Boehringer Ingelheim) – treatment for cats with chronic kidney disease
- Tempora (Sogeval) – treatment of congestive heart failure in dogs
- Nobivac L4 (MSD) – a new vaccine offering broader protection against leptospirosis
- Trifexis (Elanco) – a three-in-one protection against most common parasites for dogs
The results of the survey will be available on our website www.cm-research.com. You can also find out who the frontrunners are at the VMA Annual Awards 2013 on March the 14th, where CM Research will have the pleasure to officially name and award the winners of the Best New Product of the Year vote – we look forward to seeing you there!
*This article has also been published here (opens Vetclick.com).
Please complete the form below. You will receive an e-mail with a link to a full collection of CM Research articles in a PDF format.